Planning a baby shower is a lot of work! Whether you are the mommy, grandma, sister, cousin or friend, there are many things to do! When planning, there is always a good question of what type of drinks to include in the party. Should there be alcohol? No alcohol? Although most parties usually do include alcohol, holding a brunch or lunch baby shower does not have to include alcohol, especially if you have food and fun drinks to provide to your guests.
These fun non-alcoholic drinks are called Mocktails. Mocktails replicate cocktails and have fun glasses, designs, colors, and garnishes, but without the alcohol.
Here is a fun list of Mocktails for a baby shower:
Want to Gift a Loved Someone?
1. Cuddles on the Beach: This drink is the alternative to sex on the beach
2. Mockmosa: An alternative to a mimosa which includes sparking white grape and orange juice instead of sparkling apple cider or champagne.
3. Bella Bellini: Just like a regular Bellini but with sparkling white grape juice instead of champagne.
4. Mock Champagne: This drink is great for a baby shower punch and very easy to make. All you need are two bottles of ginger ale, one can of pineapple juice, one bottle of white grape juice and a big bowl!
5. Virgin Sunset: This drink is very pink, great for a baby girl baby shower, and is a concoction of pineapple juice, orange juice, a cherry on top, and some grenadine. The grenadine will sink to the bottom and then the orange juice. It is a layered looking drink representing a “sunset”.
All drinks can be garnished with fresh fruit slices, and it is a lot of fun to have a bartender there making the drinks. Another option would be setting up the punch bowl, getting fun Mocktail cups and then having a fresh fruit bar so guests can make their own drinks. Providing both would be a fun option for both the guest of honor and all of the guests.
One last A exciting tip to add would be baby girl or baby boy garnishes that can be put into the drinks! 🙂