Technology is great to have in your home and to use with your children. Sometimes, technology can take over your house too. Depending on who you ask, you will get mixed reviews about integrating iPads into your household with your baby. Everyone has their reasons but not always have they researched all the information and understood which direction they should go in. If you see a baby with an iPad, some people will assume that it is used to keep them quiet.
Explore The Shop Home
Others believe that iPads are preventing kids from learning anything or doing anything besides sitting. But what most people don’t realize is that iPads do far more for children than they think and it can actually help them in multiple ways.
Being a busy parent makes it easy to have your child watch an iPad while you are doing laundry or cooking dinner. But it is important to make sure that you are including fitness in your daily routines for your baby.
As a parent, it is important to have a daily healthy balance of indoor and outdoor activities. Ipads can help your baby in many ways by teaching them letters, words, sounds, etc. They can also help with increasing physical activities too. Included in that healthy balance is ensuring your child gets outside to play. Not only does it have to be just playing outside, it can also be doing extracurricular activities as a family. Keeping the balance even so that your child is not sitting watching the iPads all night every night, but you are taking charge and ensuring that your children are including fitness in their days.
Photo by Robert Collins on Unsplash
Here are some ideas to help ensure fitness both indoor and outdoor daily:
Creating a schedule to add in multiple fun activities to get your baby up and moving is so important. It is very easy to sit on the couch if not one has motivation to move around. Make sure you are the motivating piece to your family to keep all members active and healthy.
- Baby yoga. There are apps that you can watch to help you do yoga with your baby.
- Dancing. No matter the age, dancing to music is always a fun idea. There are many apps on iPads of dancing animals that provide fun music and cute dancing animals to get your baby moving.
- Mommy and Baby workouts. There is an app that you are able to download that provides you with workouts that include your baby every day.
- Playing in the yard. Sensory tables outside with water and sand are fun ways to promote outdoor activities.
- Riding a bike. If your baby is not big enough you can help hold their hands and have them walk back and forth.
- Running. Running is so important for children to include in their everyday outdoor activities.
- Extra-Curricular activities. Signing up for mommy and me gymnastics, music time, or soccer are great ways to promote fitness in your family’s life.