Finding it harder to get good sleep with the nights getting warmer by the day? For some women, hot flashes and night sweats are also quite common during summers.
Well, you need to make sure that you get ample rest during your pregnancy. Therefore, here are some tips that will help you stay cool and comfortable at night.
- Make sure your room is well ventilated- Unless you are in the habit of using an air conditioner, keeping windows open and using box fans is one of the best ways to keep the room cooler during summers.
- Choose natural fabrics for night wear- The clothes that you wear to bed should be light and breathable. Cotton is your best options. In addition to that, choosing loose fitted clothes such as a nightshirt or a nightgown is a much better option than pajamas.
- Use bed sheets made of cotton: Choosing cotton sheets or percale sheets is a great way to prevent night sweats from getting worse. Any light, summery fabric is the right way to go during the warmer months.
- Never choose cold baths- If you want to take a bath before you go to bed, you may be tempted to opt for a cold one to combat the heat. However, the moment you are out of the shower, the heat can really hit you. Instead, a lukewarm bath is the right way to go. It relaxes your muscles and makes sure that you feel cooler after you step out of the bath.
- Use cooling essential oils: Some essential oils such as Neroli and Mandarin have great cooling properties. It is ideal to beat the heat on warm summer nights. As an added bonus, these fragrances soothe you completely and help you get a good night’s rest. Just mix a few drops with water and spray it on your body. Another great idea is to soak your feet in a tub of water with a few drops of lavender oil. This cools you down and relieves any swelling in your ankles and feet.
- Choose light undergarments: Switching to boxers for the night is a great idea for moms to be. Make sure that your undergarments are made from light fabric to keep yourself feeling more comfortable when you are in bed.
Mama and Peaches carries a range of essential oils and cooling bath and beauty products that are perfect for moms-to-be. You can also refresh yourself with organic and natural drinks that are chosen especially for the summers. Subscribe to a box today and get loads of goodies each month to help you manage the heat and enjoy this phase of your life.