A good exercise routine does more than just keeping you slim when you are pregnant. Exercising regularly can help you strengthen your muscles and prepare your body for your labor and delivery. You can also ease the stress on your back and hips by working on these muscles.
Here is a simple workout plan with 5 exercise that will keep you in top shape through the pregnancy.
Pregnancy workout plan
Repeat three sets of each of the following variations. This workout routine must be performed every alternate day with a good cardio routine such as swimming or walking in between.
- Wide leg squats
Number of repetitions- 10-12
- Start with your legs slightly wider than your hips.
- Place on hand on the wall to support yourself.
- Slowly bend your knees and lower your hips like you are sitting on a chair and come back to your starting position to complete one repetition.
- Sideways Leg Raises
Number of repetitions – 10- 12 on each side
- Lie down on one side. Place a pillow below your tummy.
- Now keep your upper body elevated on your elbow.
- Lift the leg that is free as high as you can and lower it to the starting position. Complete the repetitions on one side and move on to the next.
Number of repetitions- Hold for 1-5 breaths
- Place your palms on the floor.
- Slowly walk back with your legs till your body is straight.
- Ensure that the palm is right below the shoulder. You can also lower your elbow.
- Keep your neck, back and hips in line, making sure you do not arch your back.
- Hold this position.
- Lower your knees to the ground first to get out of the position and sit up.
- Seated bicep curls
Number of repetitions: 10-12 on each side
- Sit on a chair with back support with your back straight.
- You can use lightweights in each hand or a resistance band. If you are using a band, hold it with both your hands and pull apart till you can feel the tension in the band.
- Let the palms face each other. Now bend the elbow to 90 degrees.
- Lift your upper arm towards your shoulder and lower it to the starting position.
- Bent over rowing
Number of repetitions- 10-12 on each side
- Place your right knee on a sturdy chair and left foot on the ground.
- Bend forward and place your right hand on the chair.
- Hold a light dumbbell in your left hand.
- Extend the arm in front of your shoulder with your palm facing in.
- Then bend your elbow up to make a 90 degree angle and extend again.
- Repeat on both sides.
This August Mama and Peaches helps you stay fit with a high-end resistance band. Get all this and more with your own Mama and Peaches subscription box.
you can also read this –